MongoDB OpsManager 3.6.5 version manifest binary location change

I ran into an issue after I initiated a backup job through opsmanager, which indicated that the db version directory is not available. First I check my version manifest to see if the version that the daemon process is looking for is checked

Click on version manager


Then we can select the MongoDB versions


Since I can see these are checked, I went to the default location where these db versions are stored, then I realized the default location simply does not have enough room to store all these binaries. I had to change the location to store them

Default location where OpsManager would download the binary for various versions of MongoDB is /opt/mongodb/mms/mongodb-releases/, we can change it by clicking into admin on top right corner of the page , then General > Ops Manager Config > Miscellaneous, scroll down to Versions Directory and change the value there.



Once the change has been made, go back to the terminal and restart the ops manager by running

service mongodb-mms restart

It does take a minutes for the ops manager to restart, after that, you should see the mongodb versions you'd selected being populated in the directory specified.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MongoDB tip: 4 ways to modify replica set configuration

MongoDB Quick Note: BI Connector Issue

MongoDB Tips: Kill long running processes