MongoDB Quick Note: BI Connector Issue

This is just a quick note of what can stop mongosqld from working properly that I wasn't aware of.

Background:
My work runs everything mongodb inside of docker containers, so sometimes it's not as straight forward to see immediately of what's preventing your container from working properly

What happened:
I ran into issue that my container does not stay up after I updated my drdl to reflect new fields introduced to the underlying collection.

How to debug:
Go to the host server, copy out entrypoint.sh and add sleep 100000000 to before mongosqld is executed. This force the container to stay up for us to look into issue.

Cause of the issue:
When I updated the drdl, I used tab instead of space, which is causing the mongsqld to error out

Fix:
Just replace tab with space and everything is back to normal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MongoDB tip: 4 ways to modify replica set configuration

MongoDB Tips: Kill long running processes